Georgia Business Litigation Lawyers Deliver Strong Advocacy
Oliver Hughes LLC represents both businesses and individuals involved in commercial disputes. We aggressively enforce the legal rights of our Atlanta-area clients in conflicts arising from contractual disagreements, debt collection, construction disputes, and other matters. Our attorneys are equipped to handle complex matters for plaintiffs and defendants in both Georgia and federal courts. Our firm is focused on obtaining the best result possible, enabling you to move past the litigation and thrive well into the future.
Woodstock attorneys capably handling contract and construction lawsuits
Whether your case involves an unpaid obligation or a disagreement over contract performance, we are strong advocates in all types of business litigation, including:
- Sales of goods and services — We represent companies and individuals seeking payment as well as those who are being sued for goods sold or services performed.
- Promissory notes — Our attorneys advocate for promissory note holders who have not been paid as well as parties who are indebted on a note due to a dispute.
- Real estate leases — Oliver Hughes LLC advises residential and commercial landlords to help them pursue unpaid rent and compensation for property damage. In disputes over lease obligations, we represent both tenants and lessors.
- Construction agreements — Firm lawyers handle payment and contract disagreements arising from construction projects. When necessary, we can file suit to obtain judgment on the amounts due and also handle materialman’s lien claims.
- Judgment collection — If you or your business has been granted a judgment, we use the most efficient means of collecting it completely. This can include garnishment of wages, bank accounts and other income. In some cases we will obtain a levy of property or record a judgment lien on property owned by the debtor.
- Small claims — For cases adjudicated in the Magistrate Courts of Georgia due to alleged damages under the $15,000 threshold, we advocate for individuals and businesses.
- Insurance subrogation — Our firm represents individuals being sued by an insurance company for damages. These damages may stem from an auto accident, a house fire or another type of claim.
- Lien law — We handle all types of lien cases including mechanic’s liens, materialman’s liens, judgment liens under Georgia’s FI. FA. writs, and abandoned motor vehicle liens.
General Civil Litigation
Dedicated Civil Litigation Lawyers Represent Clients in the Atlanta Area
If you’ve been wronged or if you’re being accused of violating someone else’s legal rights, strong legal representation from the start is a necessity. For tort and contract claims in and around Atlanta, Oliver Hughes LLC delivers highly effective advocacy on your behalf. Whether you’ve been hurt through someone else’s negligence or have been harmed by fraudulent business practices, we will pursue justice for you in any forum. Our attorneys have the experience and local knowledge to guide individuals and businesses to a favorable outcome in all Georgia civil litigation matters.
Clients of Oliver Hughes LLC retain us to advocate for them in a full range of civil litigation matters, including tortious claims relating to:
- Fraud — If you have suffered damages due to someone else’s misrepresentation, we can pursue a claim on your behalf to help recover what is rightfully yours.
- Injuries — Oliver Hughes LLC helps victims obtain compensation from faulty parties who are responsible for their injuries.
- Privacy violations — Our firm handles litigation for people who have been harmed when someone has improperly violated their privacy rights.
- Unfair business acts — We bring actions on behalf of consumers under the Georgia Fair Business Practices Act when they have been victimized by deceptive sales practices or unlawful debt collection tactics.
From your initial free phone consultation, our advice will be tailored to your specific needs and goals. We develop and employ a strategic plan that gives you the greatest likelihood for success, whether it is adjudicated in court or negotiated toward a favorable settlement.
Thorough legal assistance for Georgia contract claims
When parties cannot agree on the performance of contractual obligations, Oliver Hughes LLC provides detailed analysis to assert our clients’ rights. We know how Georgia law treats certain contract terms and language. We aggressively strive to protect our clients’ interests no matter what type of contract is involved and often can resolve matters without the time and expense of trial.
Estate and Probate Litigation
When a person passes away, in addition to the grieving process and the emotional challenges that are presented, disagreements and hard feelings can escalate into legal disputes that call for the advice of an attorney. With family relationships and finances involved the attorneys at Oliver Hughes LLC’s legal representation can be vital, particularly when the goal is to reduce conflict, and minimize expense and damage.
Clients of Oliver Hughes LLC retain us to guide them through the following estate and probate processes with efficiency, thoroughness, and finality:
- Probate administration and litigation — We assist with the preparation and filing of initial petitions and other necessary documents with the court. Our extensive probate experience allows us to bring matters to a conclusion as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
- Estate administration — When a loved one passes away, families understandably want the estate administration process to go smoothly and efficiently, with minimal conflict and stress and as little delay as possible. Everyone wants to be treated fairly and respectfully. The assistance of a skilled estate lawyer is often instrumental. We at Oliver Hughes LLC strive to provide this for our clients.